…. JUST RADICAL ….
Some positive meanings of the word “radical”:
1. of or going to the root or origin; fundamental: a radical difference.
2. thoroughgoing or extreme, esp. as regards change from accepted or traditional forms: a radical change in the policy of a company.
3. favoring drastic political, economic, or social reforms: radical ideas
4. forming a basis or foundation.
5. existing inherently in a thing or person
6. Grammar. of or pertaining to a root.
7. Botany. of or arising from the root or the base of the stem.
8. a person who holds or follows strong convictions
People like me get criticized by the apathetic, stiff, confused and the phobic of being radical. If they only knew how right they are – in the true sense of the word. The closer you live to the Truth (Jesus Himself), the closer you are to that which is fundamental, the root of all right and justice. Love itself. I decided a long time ago that it was my desire to always and forever live as close to the heart of God as possible. To walk as He does, talk as He does, act like He does, etc. This is basic. Radical. I refuse to be a hypocrite.
I invite you to join my club! It’s the most invigorating, adventurous time in the history of mankind – at least for the radical Christian. It’s time to get back to basics – true Jesus life. Forget the stuff that just doesn’t work. Stop doing the same thing, expecting different results.
Let’s make the following proclamations and live them:
* I am restored by Christ to participate in good works that please God
* I live to love, obey, and serve God and people
* I allow God to use me any way He chooses to transform some part of the world
* I am completely surrendered to God’s ways and His will. I will gratefully do what He asks of me simply because He loves me enough to ask
* I do not give away a percentage of my resources. I surrender 100%
* To achieve victory in the spiritual war in which we are immersed, there is nothing I must accomplish; I must simply follow Christ with everything I have
* The world is desperately seeking meaning and purpose. I will respond to that need with the Good News and meaningful service
* ABSOLUTE MORAL AND SPIRITUAL TRUTH EXISTS, IS KNOWABLE, AND IT INTENDED FOR MY LIFE; IT IS ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE BIBLE
* And last but not least: I want nothing more that to hear God say to me, “Well done, My good and faithful servant.”
……………….you’ve got to read the book “Revolution” by George Barna. This is the only book I’ve ever read that took my guts and put them on paper. Thank you, Mr. Barna!
(klick here and scroll down till you see the book. If you order it off my other site, our mission gets a %.)